Preparation time: 10 mints
Assembling time: 40 mints
4 large peppers
½ cup couscous
¼ cup shreded carrot
¼ cup finely chopped onions
4-5 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 cup shreded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the peppers in half through the stalks and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of oil over the peppers, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the peppers are just tender.
- Place cous cous in a large bowl & covering with boiling water so that all cous cous is covered & there’s about 1/2 cm extra water. Keep it aside for 10 minutes to soak.
- Once, cous cous is soaked, fluff it up with a fork. Add carrot, onion, garlic and coriander in it. Season it with salt and pepper and mix it well.
- Spoon cous cous mixture into the pepper halves. Cover it with shreded cheese.
- Place it back in to the oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese is golden.
- Serve it hot with a salad.
Capsicum peppers are rich sources of antioxidants and vitamin C. Compared to green peppers, red peppers have more vitamins and nutrients.
Red peppers have twice the vitamin C content of green peppers.
Preparation time: 5-10 mints
Cooking time: 30 mints
1½ cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
¼ cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cineman
1 tsp coffee
1/3 cup melted unsalted butter (if you use salted butter then omit salt from recipe)
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp lemon juice / vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
For chocolate frosting:
170 grm semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
180 ml heavy cream
1 tbsp unsalted butter (optional) (using butter will give shine to your frosting)
- Preheat your oven to 177°C. Place oven rack in center of oven.
Take a big mixing bowl and stir all the dry ingredients together. Stir it well.
Now, add lemon juice, vanilla extract to warm water and pour it in to the dry cake mixture. Also add butter to cake mixture and mix it well until well blended.
Pour ready cake batter to greased cake tin and cook it in oven for 30 mints or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Remove it from oven and place it on a wire rack to cool.
To prepare our frosting, place chopped chocolate, cream and butter in a microwave bowl.
Heat it in microwave over high heat for two minutes. Now whisk it and put it back in microwave for 30 seconds and repeat the process until the chocolate is completely melted and you can incorporate it fully into the cream. Let stand at room temperature until it is of pouring consistency.
Now pour the frosting over the cooled cake. Let stand until frosting has thickened. Once frosting is set remove the cake from cake tin and serve.
you can serve this cake on its on or with a dollop of whipped cream.
To serve this cake hot, place serving portion on a microwave proof plate and microwave it for 30 sec. on low heat and serve it with a scoop of ice-cream.
Preparation time: 10 – 15 mints
Cooking time: 15 mints
Makes: 2 pizzas
1 cup Wheat flour
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp dry active yeast
1 tbsp dry mixed herbs (optional)
1 cup finely chopped Mix Peppers (Capsicum)
¼ cup sweetcorn
¼ cup finely chopped onion
1 tbsp finely chopped jalapenos
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp crushed chillies
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp dry thyme (optional)
10 to 12 roughly chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated, and then remove dough to a floured (wheat/plain flour) work surface. Knead for 5 to 8 minutes or until the dough is smooth but firm.
Cover the dough with a warm, damp cloth and set in a warm spot for 30 to 40 minutes or until dough has risen to almost 1 1/2 times its size.
Now, for stuffing, mix everything well in a mixing bowl. Keep this mixture aside to marinate.
Once the dough is risen well, divide it into 2 evenly sized balls. Now take one part and dust it with dry flour. Use and rolling pin to roll into 4-inch in diameter round. Place one part of stuffing on it and seal it from all sides. Ensure the dough is well sealed without any cracks by pinching it all together until smooth. Now dust it with dry flour and roll it with rolling pin. Finish the 2nd pizza dough same way.
Place ready pizza on baking trays and cover it. Keep them aside for 15 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 180°C.
Bake pizzas in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden all over.
Serve hot from the oven.
you can serve it with mayonnaise, pizza dips.
Any dough containing grains, seeds or whole wheat flour, rises much more slowly and will not double in bulk. Using plain flour only will make the process faster.