Preparation time: 10 mints
Cooking time: 10 mints
Makes – 8 pieces
1 cup wheat flour
¾ cup gram flour
1 cup finely chopped methi (fenugreek)
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin and coriander powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp jaggery
¾ cup yogurt
oil to cook
- Combine the wheat flour, besan and the remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough. Use extra water if needed.
- Keep it aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Now divide the dough in to 8 equal portion and roll out each portion into a circle.
- Preheat a pan on medium heat and cook each portion both side using 1 tea-spoon oil till golden brown spots appear.
- Serve it with yogurt raita or ghee jaggery.
Kids love this dish and Fenugreek health benefits are multitude.
Preparation time: 5 mints
Cooking time: 15 mints
Makes: 4 pieces
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp salt
water to knead dough
2 tsp clarified butter to apply on
- Combine flour, oil and salt in a bowl and knead into a firm dough, using enough water. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 2-3mm thick circle.
- Preheat a griddle on medium heat and cook each bhakri putting light pressure on, with a muslin cloth till golden brown spots appear on both the sides. Try to give even pressure to cook it evenly.
- Place it on a plate and apply half tsp of clarified butter to it. Follow the same for all bhakris.
- Serve it hot.
Bhakri is typically biscuit-like Indian bread flavored with ghee. Serve it with any curry with gravy.