Preparation time: 15 mints
Cooking time: 30 mints
¾cup rice flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup brown sugar
½ tsp baking soda (I have used eno fruit salt)
1 small egg (optional)
2 ½ tbsp oil
½ cup water
½ tspn vinegar
1 tspn butterscotch essence
¼ cup milk chocolate sauce
- Preheat your oven to 175°C. Place oven rack in center of oven.
- In a large mixing bowl add rice flour, coco powder, salt, sugar, baking soda. Mix it well.
- Now, add all wet ingredients and mix it well.
- Lightly grease pan ( I have used 4.5 inch round pan) and pour the mixture in it.
- Place it in oven and let it bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from oven and let it cool around 30 minutes.
- Now pour chocolate sauce over the cake. Leave it for 5 minutes and enjoy…
To make this a regular cake replace rice flour with plain flour and to make this cake eggfree just don’t use egg….
Preparation time: 5-10 mints
Cooking time: 30 mints
1½ cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
¼ cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cineman
1 tsp coffee
1/3 cup melted unsalted butter (if you use salted butter then omit salt from recipe)
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp lemon juice / vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
For chocolate frosting:
170 grm semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
180 ml heavy cream
1 tbsp unsalted butter (optional) (using butter will give shine to your frosting)
- Preheat your oven to 177°C. Place oven rack in center of oven.
Take a big mixing bowl and stir all the dry ingredients together. Stir it well.
Now, add lemon juice, vanilla extract to warm water and pour it in to the dry cake mixture. Also add butter to cake mixture and mix it well until well blended.
Pour ready cake batter to greased cake tin and cook it in oven for 30 mints or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Remove it from oven and place it on a wire rack to cool.
To prepare our frosting, place chopped chocolate, cream and butter in a microwave bowl.
Heat it in microwave over high heat for two minutes. Now whisk it and put it back in microwave for 30 seconds and repeat the process until the chocolate is completely melted and you can incorporate it fully into the cream. Let stand at room temperature until it is of pouring consistency.
Now pour the frosting over the cooled cake. Let stand until frosting has thickened. Once frosting is set remove the cake from cake tin and serve.
you can serve this cake on its on or with a dollop of whipped cream.
To serve this cake hot, place serving portion on a microwave proof plate and microwave it for 30 sec. on low heat and serve it with a scoop of ice-cream.