Preparation time: 5 mints
Cooking time: 5 mints
1 cup walnut halves/pieces (or your choice of nuts)
¼ cup white granulated sugar
1 tbsp water
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp chat masala
¼ tsp sweet chilli powder
- Take walnuts, sugar and water in a non-stick pan.
- Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so your mixture doesn’t burn (especially towards the end). When the sugar mixture starts melting, stir constantly until all sugar is melted and nuts are coated.
- Once sugar is melted and nuts are coated turn off the heat. Add salt, chat masala and chilli powder to it and give it a mix.
- Now transfer nuts immediately onto a sheet of parchment paper and separate the nuts right away.
- The coating will harden in minutes, you can transfer them to a bowl and enjoy!
These delicious nuts can be used in several cakes, but you can also put them on ice-cream, pancakes, fruit salad, or eat them just as they are.