2½ cups seedless dates
½ cup tightly packed seedless tamarind
1 inch piece of jaggery or add as per your taste
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin and coriander powder
salt to taste
5 cups of water (you can add more water to adjust consistency)
- In a big pan soak dates and tamarind in kettle boiling water for 15-20 minutes until softened.
- Now add jaggery, salt, chilli powder and cumin, coriander powder to this mixture.
- Cook it on low flame for 15-20 minutes, stir it occasionally
- Once its done blend it in a liquidiser and strain. Add some water if requires.
- Now let it cool down completely and serve…
You can serve it as a dip with fritters or sandwiches or you can use this chutney in chat…..