1 can evaporated milk (370ml)
1 cup falooda sev (vermicelli)
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp basil seeds (tukmaria)
1 tsp cardamom powder
¼ cup sliced almonds
¼ cup sliced cashews
8 scoop vanilla ice-cream
- Soak basil seeds in water for about 30 to 40 minutes once they swell drain and keep aside.
- Cut vermicelli in small pieces.
- Take milk, evaporated milk, vermicelli (you can use any type of vermicelli. I have used wheat vermicelli) and sugar in the non-stick pan. Let it come to a boil on medium heat.
- Add almonds, cashews and cardamom powder to it. Lower the heat and let it simmer while stirring continuously (approx. 10 minutes).
- Once cooked, let it cool and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once chilled take a serving glass.
- Add 1 teaspoon basil seeds to it and pour 1 heaping scoop vermicelli milk to it.
- Add one scoop of vanilla ice-cream to it and repeat the step.
- Serve immediately.
Once assembled must be served immediately. But you can prepare different elements (like soaking basil seeds and boiling milk) ahead of time. Keep it refrigerated and assemble right before serving.