2 medium size courgette (grated)
1 cup chick pea flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin and coriander powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp all mix spices powder (garam masala)
water to make batter
oil to pan fry
- Place grated courgette in a large mixing bowl and add all the ingredients and stir it well add some water to adjust the consistency of batter. (thick pouring consistency)
- Preheat griddle or frying pan to medium-high heat. Rub griddle or frying pan with oil before cooking each batch of pancakes. (You can use more oil if you like)
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake on hot griddle. Cook until bubbles begin to form, about 1½ minutes, turn pancake over and continue to cook for another 1 to 1½ minutes or until pancakes are done. (You may need to adjust heat, depending on the type of griddle or frying pan you are using.)
- When pancakes are done, serve immediately.
- Serve with your choice of jams, syrups and add a dollop of soured cream or yoghurt.
Courgettes contain very few calories and have a high water content, which makes them a dieter’s friend.