Preparation time: 10 mints
Assembling time: 40 mints
4 large peppers
½ cup couscous
¼ cup shreded carrot
¼ cup finely chopped onions
4-5 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 cup shreded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the peppers in half through the stalks and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of oil over the peppers, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the peppers are just tender.
- Place cous cous in a large bowl & covering with boiling water so that all cous cous is covered & there’s about 1/2 cm extra water. Keep it aside for 10 minutes to soak.
- Once, cous cous is soaked, fluff it up with a fork. Add carrot, onion, garlic and coriander in it. Season it with salt and pepper and mix it well.
- Spoon cous cous mixture into the pepper halves. Cover it with shreded cheese.
- Place it back in to the oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese is golden.
- Serve it hot with a salad.
Capsicum peppers are rich sources of antioxidants and vitamin C. Compared to green peppers, red peppers have more vitamins and nutrients.
Red peppers have twice the vitamin C content of green peppers.