Preparation time: 5-10 mints
Assembling time: 5 mints
½ cup left over crumbled christmas pudding
36 grm custard powder
120 ml boiling water
For Whipped Cream
150ml whipping cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- As this is an egg free recipe instead of making our custard we will use custard powder. To make our custard add boiling water to custard powder and mix it well until well combined.
- Pour the cream into a large bowl, add sugar and vanilla essence and whip to soft peak.
- To assemble trifle arrange ¼ of christmas pudding crumble in the bottom of serving glass.
- Now, spoon over ¼ of the custard to cover.
- Dollop ¼ of the cream on top of the custard.
- Repeat the steps to creat another layer. Finish it up with crumble topping.
- Cover it and let it chill for 5-6 hours and enjoy…
Trifles are best assembled the day before serving to allow the flavours to develop and cake to soften.
Also, you can replace vanilla extract with brandy or any fruit juice.