Preparation time: 10-15 mints
Cooking time: 15-20 mints
2 cup frozen peas
1 can chopped tomato
4 finely chopped onion
10 thinly sliced garlic cloves
3-4 chopped small green chillies
½ tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp coriander and cumin powder
1½ tsp salt
2 cups water
3 medium size chopped boiled potato
3 wine tomato chopped
coriander for garnishing
Sev ( besan flour snack)
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let it splutter, now add garlic, chilli and ginger paste saute it until light golden brown.
- Add chopped onion, turmeric and salt. Sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent.
- Now add tomato and peas to it and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes and add water and paprika powder.
- Cover the pan with lid and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice and coriander-cumin powder to it and stir it.
- Serve it hot, in a soup or pasta bowl. Add both the chutneys as per your taste, top it up with tomato, potato and sev, garnish with coriander and enjoy..
Originally this recipe is made with dry white peas soaked over night in water and then pressure cook it. To make it quicker I have used frozen peas.